Thursday, April 22, 2010

Facebook TMI

I don’t know if it’s because I’m easily amused, simple-minded or from a town so small that the only conversations we really have are small talk, but I like hearing about your goldfish, what you made for dinner and the new growth on your big toe. I know these things don’t matter in the long run and there are endless jokes about the stupid things people post as a status, but what are you really supposed to post? Deep thoughts? Inner fears? I’ll save those for my closest friends and family. I don’t care to know where on a map you are currently located but I find it mildly interesting to know that you’re getting coffee twenty-three times a day. Living in a place with few friends and no family, it’s nice to know that all around me people are doing the exact same thing I’m doing right now: cooking, cleaning, cleaning up poop, having aches and pains, waiting for a package to arrive… It comforts me to know that we are all basically the same whether you live in KS and I have known you my whole life or I have just met you.

1 comment:

  1. Deep thoughts . . . now let me get another cup of coffee . . .

    ReplyDelete