Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A couple for you and a gem for me

Oh my, it's been a while and you may be wondering...did Sarah's life suddenly become normal?  No. It did not. I've just been lazy and not writing down all the cute/crazy things we've been through lately. Here's a sampling of the last two weeks:
1.) Nadia pulled the dresser over on top of her complete with TV, DVD player and all the drawers packed Waaaaay too full.  I was able to get her out from under the mess and all she had was a few bumps and bruises. And the best part was that the TV and DVD player kept going so I got to panic to the sound of a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse movie!
2.) Nadia's also learning the fine art of reasoning.  The other evening her and Luka were jumping on her bed and Brad went in and told them to stop. Nadia held her hand out in front of her face to make him stop and said, "No Papa, you just go out there and don't look in here."  ....and it begins!
3.)Luka has been pretty low key lately except he is pushing his limits and if Nadia's in trouble, he want's to be in trouble too.
And me.... I guess house mess is like those 'few' extra pounds that creep up on you and before you know it you're so big you have to wear pajamas everywhere you go. So I've been on a house-mess-diet and things seem to be somewhat under control.  It's so hard to keep going though when I have two little tumors attached to me everywhere I go and wanting to either "help" or play with toys that haven't been played with in months, yet all the sudden when I'm cleaning them or wanting to get rid of them they are the coolest most interesting toys the kids have ever seen?!?!?!?

P.S. This is just a little funny story for me to come back to and look at when I need a good laugh...I was sitting down on the porch letting the kids play in the yard when my neighbor came over to say hello.  We were chatting about the hammocks that we hung on our balconies and how her's had crashed down when one of her friends sat on it.  I am not exaggerating when I say two seconds later I hear a crash from our balcony and some explicit words!!!  Brad was sitting in the hammock reading and it fell!!!  Out of the blue!!!  Now if you know me at all, you know that nothing tickles me more that watching someone fall....or watching a grown man try to fit inside a balloon.  I think I laughed for three days straight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXq5SOKQEl4

No comments:

Post a Comment